Year 2012 was pretty tough on me. So many things have happened in a one year that it feels a little overwhelming to remember all of it. But, here are some relevant things that happened.
- Aleksi: my firstborn boy has grown a lot. He walks and almost talks now. It is only matter of months when he will say his first proper words. I can hardly wait.
- Aucor Oy, my company: I have finally managed to solve some basic issues that should have been solved years ago. There is a lot of work ahead of me, but now it feels doable. I could not have done it without the awesome people that work in Aucor.
- Bad habbits: I stopped drinking alcohol. I can’t say that I miss it. I never liked bars and people there anyway.
- Self-image: I have learned a lot about myself, and I have grown to accept most of my weaknesses. I couldn’t have done it without JP Jakonen. Thanks, man!
Things that sucked:
- Stress. Building a dream company is stressful and hard work. I have done too much work and sacrificed too many hours for the company.
- Health. I almost lost it last year. Too much stress and everything that is related to stress almost broke me. I also had an diagnose for a disease that is not curable. Its not lethal or anything, but it will be on me for the rest of my life. Bugger.
What about the year 2013?
I don’t generally give any new year’s promises, they are somehow hollow. Instead, I list some things that I have thought about a lot.
- Coffee: I should drink less. That is hard, because I love it so much. I have tried to replace some coffee cups with tea, but damn, its different.
- Time: I need more of it. Building a company is important, but family is more important. Everything else is secondary.
- Health: I am going to continue my weight loss campaign. Now I have lost 10 kg of fat, and I have still 20 or so kilograms to go. Pace is slow, and I am in no hurry. It works, it’s important and it just needs to be done. Next year at this time I will be 20 kg lighter. Which is nice.
- Friends & hobbies: this is related to a time-issue. I want to see more friends, take more leaves and just generally do more non-work related stuff.
- Writing: next book is on the way and after that I really would like to write those fiction novels I have been working on.
- Tattoo: time to get the next one. 🙂
Even though it has been a tough year, it looks a lot more brighter now. I hope you have had an awesome year, and I really hope that year 2013 is going to be even better.
Happy new year 2013!